4 Raspberry & Chocolate Tarts
4” tart shell weight = 55g
- 120g all-purpose flour
- 75g powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60g butter, cubed and chilled
- 25g (1/2) large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Measure the flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Add the cold butter and cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand. You can also use a food processor.
- Add the egg and mix with a fork (or pulse in the food processor) just until the dough holds together when squeezed. If the dough does not come together with the egg, you can sprinkle some ice water, one teaspoon at a time, until it does.
- Roll the dough into a log. Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll each piece out into a round disc about 3-4mm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and line three 4” tart shells. Use the leftovers to make the fourth tart-shell.
- Freeze the shells for 15 minutes or no longer than 30 minutes.
- Remove the tart moulds from the freezer and, using a fork, liberally prick the chilled dough all over to allow steam to escape.
- Place the tart on a baking sheet, line the shells with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges just begin to brown. +- 10 Minutes
- Remove the parchment paper and weights, then continue baking for 5 more minutes until the centre of the pastry crust is golden.
- Cool completely before removing from the pans.
- You can easily customize this recipe by adding cinnamon, ground ginger, cocoa powder, coconut, or other extracts.
- The dough can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days before rolling it out. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
- The baked pastry crusts can be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days. They can also be frozen for a couple of months.
30g Dark Chocolate
50ml Heavy Cream
80g – Finished Ganache (20g per tart shell)
- Bring the cream to a boil and add the chocolate
- Beat the mixture with a fork until all the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the Ganache into the tart shells or reserve to spread over the mousse. This will depend on what you would like your tarts to look like.
200ml heavy whipping cream
100g Raspberry Jam
7,5ml Knox unflavoured gelatine or 2 sheets Gold Leaf Gelatine
30ml water to hydrate the Knox Grealtine or 200ml to hydrate the Leaf Gelatine
- Beat heavy cream with until thick and fluffy with a balloon whisk(do not overbeat or it will turn buttery).
- Fold in the jam
- Heat (do not boil) the Gelatine. If using sheet gelatine, squeeze out the water.
- Pour the Chocolate ganache in the bottom of the tart shell or reserve the ganache to spread over the mousse.
- Fill the tart shells with the mousse and finish of with chocolate garnish.
- Refrigerate the tart shells for 3 – 4 hours to allow the gelatine to set. Credit By web expert