Perfect Cake Construction
Constructing and Masking a cake looks easy, but ask any cake decorator and they will tell you that this is the most challenging aspect in all of cake decorating. In this class we aim to teach you the best method for creating a flawless canvas for your cakes.
In this class we will teach secrets to getting a round cake with smooth sides and sharp corners. Soon you will master the art of creating Picture worthy cakes.
We will cover cake decorating fundamentals. Students will learn to cut, layer and mask their cakes to a professional standard. Our class covers:
- What types of cakes to use
- Suitable fillings for cakes .
- Levelling and torting cakes to get even layers
- Assembling cakes with butter-cream and fillings to achieve level cakes that are structurally sound.
- Smoothing and levelling cakes for a beautiful decorating canvas
- Simple but effective decorating techniques
Included is the use of all our tools and equipment, ingredients and the cake that will be used as a practice model.
The cake pictured is an illustration of how a properly constructed cake makes the decorations come alive. Students will take the cake that they have made in class home. We provide a take home box for your cake.
Please note that the cake pictured is only a sample of what a well constructed cake looks like and what students will be aiming for. In class we will practise on a 6″ round cake.
10:00 – 14:00
31 January 2024