Note: When making a stir-fry the aim is to have all the ingredients about the same size so that they will cook at the same rate.
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 100 g broccoli
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 7 cm piece of ginger
- vegetable oil
- 100 g baby sweetcorn
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander (15g)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 5ml salt
- 5ml black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Slice the chicken breast into thin strips
- Mince the garlic with a garlic press
- Snap the stalky ends of the asparagus and chop into 5cm pieces
- Cut the broccoli into smaller pieces and slice the stalky part into 5 cm long sticks
- Cut the onion into slices
- Cut the peppers into slices – remove the white seeded fleshy part
- Grate the fresh ginger
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a stainless-steel bowl and coat the chicken strips with the flour. Dust off the excess flour.
- Place the oil into a frying pan and heat the oil. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, brown the chicken. Now add the garlic, ginger and vegetables. Cook for 7- 10 minutes until the vegetable are cooked al dente.
- Add the coriander and baby corn at the end.
Drizzle with sweet-sour sauce and serve on a bed of rice or noodles