Servings: ¾ cup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 30ml cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann’s or Duke’s
- 1 garlic clove, minced (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5ml teaspoons dried dill
- 30ml finely chopped fresh chives
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- Few dashes Tabasco sauce, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Chill until ready to serve.
- Note: The dressing will keep well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The garlic flavour gets stronger the longer it sits, so you might want to cut back if you’re planning on making it in advance. The dressing will thicken up to more of a dip consistency as it chills.