Working with Fondant
Duration: 5 hours (9:30am – 2:30pm)
This hands-on course teaches the basics of working with Fondant. Students explore and experiment with a range of tools and ingredients. Basic Cake Decorating is a prerequisite to this course.
This course covers:
– What is fondant and gum paste?
– Preparing and colouring fondant.
– Fondant tools and equipment.
– Preparing cakes for fondant.
– Covering cakes with rolled fondant.
– Decorating techniques for fondant-covered cakes.
Included is the use of all our tools and equipment, ingredients and cake that will be used. We will supply a light lunch. Please advise us of allergies or special dietary considerations.
20 Sep 2017
18 Oct 2017
15 Nov 2017